£45 - £50 per hour
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are very happy to be recruiting for a Deputy Head of Legal to join an East London Borough Council. This wonderful opportunity is an initially 3-month locum contract with the view to extend.
The Deputy Head of Legal will be assisting the Head of Legal in managing the legal team, further duties include:
- To be a source of expertise and knowledge and provide advice, guidance and practical assistance on Local Government Law generally
- To assist in the operational management of the team under the direction of the Head of Legal
- To assist in staff training and career development and to undertake performance management assessment of junior members of staff
- Providing support to the Principal Lawyers
- Carrying own caseload of property and contracts matters
- Commenting on cabinet, council and committee reports
Is it not necessary for candidates to have held a Deputy Head of Legal post before, but managerial experience is vital for the role.
The Council offices are located near to transport links both inside and outside of London. A variety of cafes and shops are also conveniently located. The Council offer flexible working arrangements, such as 1 day working from home.
Due to the nature of the Deputy Head of Legal role, prior experience of having worked in a Local Authority is highly desirable.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Alexis Aarons in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.