£56100 - £60000 per annum
4 months ago
Deputy Head of Legal role with the Scout Association!
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced lawyer to join this world renowned charity on a permanent contract in a senior role as Deputy Head of Legal.
This is a lovely role with a great charity. The Scout Association are a well-regarded organisation who offer unique opportunities. This is a fantastic role and will be an unparalleled career move for the Deputy Head of Legal.
The Deputy Head of Legal will:
- Assist the Head of Legal to provide a high quality legal service and deputise for the Head of Legal
- Provide legal advice on legal issues and risks to protect the Scout Association and its' subsidiaries
- Ensure compliance with relevant policy, best practice, legislation and regulation, in particular on:
- Charity law
- Commercial contracts and procurement
- Fundraising and donations
- Marketing, advertising, media and defamation
- Draft contracts between the Scout Association and third parties
- Line manager two team members
The Deputy Head of Legal will have experience of working as an in-house lawyer in the charities sector or wider public sector. They will also have experience in commercial law, drafting and negotiating contracts, as well as providing legal advice at a senior level. Managerial experience is required.
This role is currently fully remote but will in future be a hybrid of home and office-based work, so the Deputy Head of Legal will have to be able to get to Gilwell Park, Chingford, at least 1-2 times a week.
Benefits of the role include:
- 28 days annual leave, increases after 5 years
- Simply Health Scheme
- Wellbeing walks
- Generous pension scheme contribution
- Free parking and minibus service
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible working patterns
- Study and volunteer leave
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Great work/life balance
The Deputy Head of Legal will be an enthusiastic team player who takes initiative and thinks outside the box. They'll be a qualified legal professional with relevant experience.
If interested please get in touch with Mila Casaus in our Manchester office to discuss.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.