South Yorkshire, England
£40000 - £51000 per annum + pension, 27 days holiday + stats
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively assisting a Public Sector organisation in their search for a new Deputy Head of Procurement. This organisation is one of the biggest and most reputable in their field, so this is an excellent opportunity not to be missed.
This is an exciting time to join a dynamic, commercially focused team as they're looking to really raise the profile of the team. You will be providing both strategic support and operational leadership whilst operational excellence and consistency in line with the organisation's strategies, plans and priorities.
Key responsibilities of the Deputy Head of Procurement:
- Be accountable for the end to end service and meeting the strategic needs of a particular client in line with contractual arrangements
- Review and implement policies/ procedures and, standards for the service
- Manage the procurement of technically complex, business critical and high risk segments of business for the organisation
- Develop long term plans in relation to the delivery of specialist work, and ensure compliance with relevant frameworks, regulations or legislation
- Manage a portfolio of commodities, taking the lead on significant and complex procurement projects
- Compile and present management information reports and analysis to cover procurement pipeline, tendering, contract management and performance reporting
- Act as a member of the Senior Management Team - developing plans for the service area to ensure delivery of wider university strategic objectives
- Lead, manage and provide expertise to direct line reports - allocating responsibilities, work planning and managing performance throughout the team and associated areas
The successful Deputy Head of Procurement will:
- Have proven experience of leading a Public Sector procurement team
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of Public Contract Regulations and OJEU compliance
- Have experience of running high value, complex tender processes with multiple stakeholders
- Be proficient in the use of tender management tools and Microsoft Office packages
- Hold significant experience of providing expert advice and guidance to senior managers and internal/ external stakeholders to inform decision making
- Qualification in CIPS or equivalent professional experience
On offer for the successful candidate:
- Salary between £40,500 to £51,000 p/annum
- Generous annual leave + statutory holidays (rising with length of service)
- Flexible working scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Continued progression and outstanding development opportunities
This truly is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that are on the rise. There are very exciting times ahead, and gives the successful applicant the chance to play a crucial part in immediate and continued success. Interviews will be taking place from mid/late March, so please apply now for immediate consideration.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.