£250 - £375 per day
9 months ago
3 - 6 months
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for a Deputy Head of Procurement for a well-established organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Deputy Head of Procurement:
* Responsible for the Procurement function within the Trust in the absence of the Head of Procurement.
* Contributes to the strategic planning and operational provision of the Trust's procurement function.
* Supports the Head of Procurement in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings for the Trust by analysing current spend in specific categories to support the development of procurement strategies.
* Meets customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money when procuring products and services whilst also ensuring compliance with contracts and Trust/EU standard procurement practice.
* Responsible for the planning, organisation and management of procurement projects within the Trust.
* Responsible for writing - or contributes to the drafting of - project reports (including business cases) for presentation to governance and stakeholder boards and groups.
The successful Deputy Head of Procurement will:
* Have proven senior Public Sector procurement experience
* Be able to prepare, implement and deliver procurement/category strategies
* Have an awareness and understanding of the whole life cycle of procurement, contract and relationship management
* Have excellent negotiation skills
* Have a knowledge of procurement contract laws/regulations
This particular role would suit a Head/Director of Procurement looking for a new challenge within the Public Sector, or an ambitious senior Procurement professional keen to make their mark in a new organisation.
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Nicole Graley at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.