Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£32000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working with the largest housing association in the North East to recruit a permanent Development Accountant into their accounting team. The sucessful Development Accountant will be working from home full time.
- Contribute to the delivery of the suite of investment appraisal mechanisms in support of the organisations development and major investment ambitions, including Joint Ventures
- To identify risks associated with development and major investments
- To support the preparation of reports to Board, its subsidiaries and committees
- Assist with the maintenance of the various security registers
- Support the production of annual statutory accounts and lender valuations
- Assist the completion of the annual business plan and periodic updates incorporating the development program
- Develop and maintain finance systems and associated IT within area of responsibility including the Development Appraisal System
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and regulatory requirements with regard to IFRS (accounting regulation) and Housing Finance Standards and provide advice and guidance on maintaining compliance
- Contribute to devising & implementing policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Accounting Regulation and principles
- Ability to analyse, review and report on complex financial matters such as compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements, within a high volume, fast paced environment
- Proven skill in the identification of requirements, recording and analysis of data and information, and identification of solutions
- Experience in project (end to end) work
- Experience in Development Accounting and development appraisals
- Ability to develop and maintain appropriate systems, maximise the use of technology and effectively use compliance and other software, IT applications and media as appropriate.
In addition to a competitive salary the business offers some fantastic benefits, including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 31 days with service), pension scheme and opportunities for career development to name a few.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.