3 months ago
Permanent, Full time
Development Officer required to work with a Staffordshire based social housing association. My client are seeking an experienced Development Officer to join their team on a permanent, full time basis.
As the Development Officer you will be working within the Property division responsible for property development.
Responsibilities of the Development Officer include:
- Assess prospective sites for potential development
- Carry out development appraisals and assess the viability of the projects
- Assist the housing team with the delivery and post-completion of new housing projects
- Negotiate with site owners and administer acquisition of sites
- Complete submissions and negotiate with Homes England over capital funding projects
- Appoint and brief design teams in regards to the brief and development procedures
- Resolve issues and monitor expenditure
- Prepare and report on schedules of defects and certify rectification of any snagging
Required skills and experience of the Development Officer:
- 2 years minimum experience within the housing property sector
- Experience of working with Homes England
- A good understanding of the planning and bidding process
- Experience of supervising and planning with design teams
- A good understanding of the defects process
- Must hold a valid driver's license and access to own car
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Development Officer role, please apply now or contact Katy Whitehead at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice.