Blaydon-On-Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£38890 - £44503 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a DevOps Engineer on behalf of a public sector client. The position is on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will play an important role in the agile software release process while participating on projects, within a multi-disciplinary team, associated with release engineering, application deployment, system installation, monitoring, scripting, building schemas, application load testing and various automation tasks.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements and supports the system Infrastructure to meet challenging deadlines, quality standards, business targets and customer requirements.
- Analyses a wide range of complex business and technical issues in order to gain a thorough understanding of the system environment and proactively identifies and resolves system issues to ensure system availability and capacity for the business.
- Install, configure and test new versions of system tier offerings, ensuring that all products are within the NHS strategy and minimise impact to the business.
- Monitors and reviews the efficient and effective running of hardware, software and system tier services.
- Communicates effectively at all levels, verbally and in writing to establish and maintain communication with individuals and groups, internally and externally. Explains complex concepts and technical issues in a manner that is appropriate for the target audience.
- Experience in the use of the following DevOps concepts and tools:
- Deploying and configuring servers in a cloud environment (Terraform, Fog).
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
If you are interested in learning more about his opportunity, please contact Jake Winship at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.