West Midlands, England
£98000 - £109000 per annum
2 months ago
Director of Homelessness
£98,592 - £108,853
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Director of Homelessness to join a leading public sector organisation on an full time, permanent basis.
This role will have strategic and overall responsibility for the delivery of the city's Homelessness Strategy. The role holder will lead both the city's Homelessness services and be responsible for commissioning services linked to delivering the strategy. They will also be responsible for delivering effective outcomes in Manchester and working closely with partners across Greater Manchester. The role holder will promote and work with the Manchester Homeless Partnership supported by the Manchester Homeless Charter to ensure the strategy is continually refreshed and delivered and that services and responses to homelessness develop to meet the changing needs of the city.
One of the key priorities is to effectively and safely reduce and prevent homelessness and rough sleeping within the city of Manchester.
Relationships are paramount in this role and will include working closely with the Director of Housing and Residential Growth to work on housing related strategies to support move on into permanent accommodation. The role holder will focus on the prevention of homelessness and in order to facilitate this will work closely with other statutory bodies including Manchester Health and Care Commissioning, Manchester Local Care Organisation, Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust, Greater Manchester Police, Registered Housing Providers and DWP. There is also a key strategic relationship with the Ministry of Communities and Local Government both in respect of accessing future funding and also in ensuring the voice of Manchester is heard in emerging policy and guidance.
Responsibilities for this role include;
- Leading and managing the Homelessness Service comprising over 250 staff.
- The role holder will be responsible for the strategic management of the homelessness budget (both in house and commissioned services)
- Promote positive working relationships with commissioned services to achieve best outcomes for homeless households.
- Work with the Homeless Partnership, commissioned services and the voluntary sector to safely reduce homelessness across the city
- Deliver the prevention and early intervention agenda across the city
- Lead on the delivery of the refreshed Homelessness Strategy in conjunction with the Executive Member
- Work closely with the Director of Housing and Residential Growth to ensure sufficient options of housing to meet the requirements of citizens
- Work closely with statutory bodies to facilitate prevention of homelessness and responding to the needs of people who experience homelessness
- Effective management of budget making delivery of any efficiency savings.
- Continue the transformation of in-house services to drive an outcomes-based approach to tackling homelessness and rough sleeping
The successful candidate will have strong experience in providing leadership and direction at this level within either a housing association or a local authority
Apply now to Tiffany Biddle for further information.