£60000 - £85000 per annum + benefits
4 months ago
Our client is an award-winning Investment Management house in Liverpool city centre. Due to continued growth and success, they are looking to strengthen their Investment desk by recruiting an experienced Discretionary Fund Manager on a permanent basis.
The Discretionary Fund Manager will take responsibility for:
- Ad hoc chairing of weekly investment meetings
- Managing funds responsibly on behalf of clients
- Acting as an Equities Specialist for the business and carrying out quantitive research into equity selection
- Meeting with sell-side analysts
- Constructing client portfolios
- Instructing deals and maintaining records of investment activities
- Participating in asset selection, portfolio construction and investment strategy
- Tracking fund manager performance and liaising with current managers to maintain a comprehensive understanding of their investment strategy
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of market trends across all asset classes
The Discretionary Fund Manager will meet the following skillset:
- Strong proven academic record
- Research skills (a background in equity research is useful but not essential)
- Proven experience in Discretionary Portfolio Management outside of the Private Client arena
- Proven experience in report writing on investment management or asset management related subjects
- Investment qualification: minimum of IMC, ideally should hold the CFA (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge across a range of asset classes
- Analytical mind combined with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Due to the nature of this role, candidates without previous experience in buy-side Discretionary Fund Management cannot be considered.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a top tier investments house in a unique North-West based position. The company offers excellent benefits, broad exposure to senior and board-level stakeholders and the opportunity to work with a high-performing team.
Note, this is a highly competitive position. We receive an exceptionally large volume of applications and are unable to respond to each candidate.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.