about 1 month ago
Domestic Violence Support Worker
Temporary, Fixed Term
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced IDVA to join our client on a fixed term basis. You will play a pivotal role in providing practical and emotional support to adults who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.
Key Responsibilities of the Domestic Violence Support Worker:
- Work with clients to assess needs and risks, and plan a package of support and risk management individually to them
- Providing practical and emotional support to adults
- Assessing referrals for both community and refuge based services
- Safety and Support Planning
- Supporting the delivery of group work both in refuge and local community
- Travelling throughout service delivery area to deliver support and attendance at multi-agency meetings
- Working in partnership with other agencies where required to advocate for our clients and ensure risk is managed and support needs are met (e.g. Social care; police; CAB; housing departments; Job Centre and Benefits agencies)
Essential Criteria of the Domestic Violence Support Worker:
- Previous experience of working with and supporting clients who have experienced domestic abuse
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.