£40000 - £80000 per annum + £Competitive
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working with a FTSE100 Insurer as they seek to recruit an Economic Capital Actuary to join their Actuarial Function team in the UK Life Risk function.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary to join a leading UK Insurer in a technical role where you will support their Internal Model, supporting the team accountable for risk calibrations and providing support for capital requirements methodology more widely.
Responsibilities of the Economic Capital Actuary
- Supporting the development of Solvency II risk calibrations and risk correlations
- Support the review of calibrations and Credit Portfolio Model results produced outside of the team
- Ensure risks are identified for inclusion in the Internal Model
- Ensure that triggers are monitored to assess the adequacy of our capital calibrations
- Support the development and queries on methodologies relating to the determination of all aspects of the Solvency II balance sheet
Key experience of the Economic Capital Actuary:
- Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary
- Ability to present complex information in a straightforward and clear manner
- Statistical analysis, especially distribution fitting
- Knowledge of Life Insurance products and Risk
- Knowledge of credit risk modelling
- CM3, IM3, R, Python, VBA knowledge desirable
If you're excited about the prospect of becoming an Economic Capital Actuary at a leading Life Insurance and Pensions Provider then please apply with your CV below, or contact Jack Dykins.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.