South East England, England
5 months ago
A well-established, award winning Local Authority within the South East of England is seeking an Education Advocate Solicitor to join their team for an initial 3-6 months period with the view for extension. The council are offering fully remote working for the foreseeable and can offer full time or part time hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Education Advocate to join a friendly and supportive team.
Daily tasks for the Education Advocate Lawyer would include but not subject to;
- Education Advocacy; specialising in special educational needs law and support
- Drafting assessment requests and Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal (SEND) appeals
- Responsible for preparing all special education Appeals and Disability Discrimination claims against schools
- Represent the council at tribunal
- Represent parents of children with special educational need
- Analyse key disclosures to evaluate evidence, costs and court procedure
- Advise on alternative outcomes and ways to proportionately resolve cases
- Represent clients at Annual Reviews and observed Tribunals
An Education Advocate lawyer with local authority experience is highly preferable, however our client is willing to consider Contracts lawyers from other backgrounds with transferable skills.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.