City of London, London
£26 - £35 per hour + flexible working
2 months ago
12 months +
12 month Contract (with the likelihood of extension) - Full time
£26-£35 per Hour
A highly capable qualified Education Lawyer is required to join a Central Government Department to provide high quality and cost effective Public Law services for the Legal Advisers Office. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Education Lawyer to join their Government team on an initial 11 month contract with the likelihood of an extension.
As an Education Lawyer, you will be responsible for being the largest provider of legal services across the Government. You will work alongside 2,800 employees with 14 client-facing advisory teams.
Key Responsibilities of the Education Lawyer
- Be responsible for children's services and education, including early years, schools, higher and further education.
- Provide the Government Body with a wide range of in-house public law advisory legal services.
- Provide legal advice on the development, design and implementation of Government Policies and decisions.
- Draft secondary legislation
- Work with Parliamentary Counsel on primary legislation.
- Strong legal analytical skills, using secure legal research to produce timely and practical advice is
Required Skills and experience of the Education Lawyer
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister (or equivalent).
- Minimum 2 years Post-Qualified Experience.
- Experience in Public Law is desirable.
- Reliable judgement and appreciation of legal risk is desirable.
- The ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing
What is on offer for the Education Lawyer?
- £50,000 - £55,000 Annual Equivalent
- Flexible working arrangements
- Central London Location
- Access to Unique Government Work
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 12 month contract with the likelihood extension as an Education Lawyer.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Education Lawyer role, please apply now, or contact Xiomara Cabello at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.