East Anglia, England
11 months ago
We are recruiting for a Lawyer to join the Public Law and Standards Team within a large, well respected Local Authority based in East Anglia.
My client is looking for a Lawyer to undertake Education Law work, with a particular focus on Special Educational Needs tribunal work.
You will be joining a well supported, experienced team, therefore this is great opportunity for an indivdual to develop their skillset within this area of law.
- Providing high quality legal advice
- Assistance and representation to the Council on legal matters relating to one or more areas of law, e.g. Child protection, Adult care and safeguarding, Mental Capacity, Mental Health, Education (including SEN)
- Assist in meeting the educational needs of children and protecting their constitutional rights
- Meeting with clients, and recommending local service providers, evaluators, and psychologists and other professionals
- Undertake advocacy at civil and criminal courts and at tribunals (eg SEN tribunals and Employment tribunal)
As there will be training involved, I would advise those who have experience of Social Services (Adults/Mental Health) with some familarity of Education Law to apply. With this is in mind, this would be a fantastic role for both newly qualified and experienced individuals.
The Local Authority has good transport links and the role would be over a good length of contract.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide.
We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website