South East England, England
£45000 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
Senior Education Lawyer
Local Authority/ Private Practise
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Education Lawyer to join a quasi-organisation on a permanent basis.
As an Education Solicitor you provide advice, support and representation on all aspects of Education law, at any stage of the dispute. You will also help schools and education professionals who are defending against claims, challenging funding decisions, facing regulatory investigation or in disputes about SEN provisions.
Other duties of the Senior Education solicitor will include:
- Appeal child's exclusion from school or college
- Arrange an alternative placement following an exclusion from school
- Challenge schools or local authorities that fail to provide special educational needs support
- Challenge child's statement of special educational needs or Education and Health Care (EHC) plan
- Challenge SEN funding decisions
- Make a disability discrimination claim
- Get admission to a school or nursery after your child has been denied a place
- Get help with a child's transition to adulthood
Requirement for the Employment Locum:
- A qualified solicitor or barrister
- Experience with Education Law within a Private Practice setting
- A minimum of 4 years PQE
Benefits of the role:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible/ remote working arrangements
- Full-time or part-time options
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now, or contact Amy Swain at Sellick Partnership for a confidential chat on 0161 513 0886, or via email on email@example.com.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.