Up to £30554.08 per annum + Company Van
about 1 month ago
Location - Wingerworth
Salary - £30,554.08 + Van & allowance
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for Electricians to work on a permanent basis for a housing association in the Chesterfield area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out electrical repairs, new installations of electrical systems & safety checks to domestic properties. Also, ensuring that the works provided is of the highest quality, efficient and good value for money for the customers.
- To carry out works in an efficient and effective manner, minimising non-productive time wherever possible, and reporting to the Supervisor, any difficulties encountered when productivity problems arise.
- To carry out periodic inspection and testing of domestic wiring installations.
- To ensure that all aspects of any electrical installation that has been worked on by the post holder are inspected and tested for strength, integrity and compliance with the IEE Regulations.
- The principal duties of an Electrician will include repairs, servicing, testing, inspection, installation and replacement works to all types of systems, accessories and equipment. To be conversant with the operation of all types of systems and able to carry out all principles of fault finding.
- To ensure all works are completed fully in accordance with the specifications, relevant legislation, and industry best practise.
- Wherever possible, to carry out "main trade makes good" practise.
- To maintain the best possible operational relationships with customers, taking all possible steps to accord with their reasonable wishes and taking account of any special needs.
- To be responsible for any vehicle allocated and to undertake the appropriate vehicle checks, keep it in a clean and tidy condition. Includes action to record defects and ensure that they are rectified.
- To be responsible for any company equipment issued and to undertake the appropriate inspections prior to use. To not abuse or misuse the equipment and to use it in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. To report defects to the appropriate Manager / Supervisor promptly and ensure that they are rectified.
- Use mobile, handheld technology to manage workload etc.
- To ensure all paperwork including appropriate certification are correctly completed and signed. Returning them promptly to the supervisor as required.
- To always undertake work in accordance with safe working practices as laid down in health and safety manuals, method statements, risk assessments and health and safety plans, in particular the Electricity at Work Regulations
- To undergo specific training to improve skill levels and knowledge, and to maintain appropriate registrations and accreditations
- To maintain excellent customer and client relations, particularly tenants and members of the public
- To mentor and guide apprentices through their training and development during their apprenticeship programme.
- To ensure vigilance in identifying any safeguarding issues and raising them to the Neighbourhood Services Team.
Qualifications and Training
- Time served Apprenticeship with C&G Craft
- C&G Advanced Craft Certificate or NVQ Level 2
- 18th Edition IEE Regulations
- Full driving license
- C&G Domestic Periodic Inspection, testing and reporting
- PAT testing
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications and would like to know more regarding the role, please apply or contact Josh Meek at Sellick Partnership