Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£30000 - £38000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Employer Liaison Team Leader on behalf of a large professional services organisation based in Middlesbrough. The Employer Liaison Team Leader will play a key role in liaising with the various employers participating in one of the Local Government Pension Schemes.
The Employer Liaison Team Leader will be expected to help shape and drive the direction of the Employer Liaison team and more specifically ensure that individual projects are delivered. This post will require the holder to pass the Non-Police Personnel Vetting Level 3 requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Reporting to the Governance & Communications Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for
* providing guidance to the office, and to employers of one of our Local Government
* Pension Scheme clients, relating to scheme rules and requirements as a participating employer
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
* Build and maintain good relationships with clients and employers
* Liaison with Actuaries and Benefit Consultants on legislative matters.
* Act as a focal point for all Local Government employer queries
* In conjunction with the Governance & Communications Manager design and prepare the Pension Unit Employer Liaison Strategy
* Assess the effectiveness of the Employer Liaison strategy
* Provide services to the LGPS Administering Authority and scheme employers, including professional guidance and support
* Working with relevant third parties to develop, and implement, a strategy to review the covenant of those employers contributing to our Local Government Scheme client
* Assisting with the Design and development of training programs for employers, and recognising when support measures are required for employers, and implementing relevant guidance and/or training to improve the standards of those employers identified
* Where necessary present at seminars
* Manage activity around new employers including obtaining actuarial assessments, concluding admission agreements, and arranging any financial mitigations required
* Work with the actuary to provide relevant funding position to employers as and when required
* Develop relationships with employers, payroll providers and other critical organisations with the aim to ensure understanding of Pension Fund requirements and working practices of the employer
* Work with the Administering Authority to maintain the Fund's Risk Register
Qualifications & Experience
* Preferably educated at least to 'A' level standard
* Relevant qualifications in the Pensions Industry desirable (e.g. Pensions Management Institute Certification, Qualification in Pensions Administration - QPA).
* Direct, relevant experience of the Pensions Industry with proven and demonstrable project and people management skills
* Advantageous to have experience of administering the Local Government Pension Scheme
* Previous experience in a pensions/financial services environment
* Experience of Public Sector Pensions would be beneficial
* Good commercial financial awareness
* Solid awareness of scheme rules, industry regulations, current pensions legislation and how these impact on the business and its systems
If you are interested in this position please apply, or contact Rebecca Hutton at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.