£30 - £40 per hour
4 months ago
Education and Employment Lawyer required to join a local authority based in London.
The successful candidate will be undertaking an extensive caseload of complex legal work as a senior member of the team. This may include:
- Appearing on behalf of the Council at the Magistrates' Court, County Court, Tribunals and Inquiries as required
- Dealing with employment matters such as TUPE, discrimination, unfair dismissal, etc
- Handling some Education files such as SEN matters
- Providing legal supervision to fee earners in the Team as appropriate
- Deputising for the Assistant Head of Legal Services when required
The ideal candidate will have local government employment experience but candidates with a private sector background will also be considered.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.