5 months ago
Employment Lawyer required to join a specialist law team within a County Council, based East of England.
You will be involved in potentially high profile and ground-breaking employment matters and will advise clients on all aspects of employment law issues.
This role would suit an experienced Employment Lawyer, who is able to combine employment law with governance knowledge.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of all aspects of legal advice within the team, along with managing full caseload consisting of both ontentious and non-contentious employment law matters including, but not limited to, the following matters:
- Discrimination claims
- Unfair dismissal
- Restructures and redundancies
- Trade union provisions
- Pensions experience desirable although not essential.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister or legal executive with full valid practising certificate and some employment law experience.
- Ability to establish credibility with Directors, senior management and other key stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of providing legal advice in a public sector setting; although previous experience working in the public sector is not essential.
- Ability to handle a full range of employment law matters including attending the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal;
- Knowledge and understanding of local government provisions is preferable
- The ability to provide clear advice on complex matters
- The capability to provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues as required
You will be expected to build strong relationships with internal and external partners. It would be desirable if the candidate has experience dealing with Pensions, although this is not essential.
The council is based with good transport links and flexible working hours are available.
This position will begin on an initial 3 month basis, with the strong possibility of the contract being extended beyond that.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.