South East England, England
11 months ago
Are you an Employment Lawyer looking to secure a Permanent or Fixed Term Contract, within a well regarded Local Authority? This could be for you!
Sellick Partnership are seeking an experienced Employment Lawyer, to join an experienced legal team delivering high quality Legal Services to a well performing Council. As an Employment Lawyer you will be expected to:
- Deal with all legal issues (including general advice) relating to employment and other contentious matters in the Employment Tribunal including defending proceedings brought against the council as a legal adviser within the specialist area and make decisions using initiative and professional judgment
- provide robust and pragmatic advice and guidance to clients, in relation to a wide range of employment matters including grievances, disciplinary, TUPE, capability, discrimination, and any other employment related enquiries
- provide advocacy in a high quality and enhanced commercially driven legal service within specialist area, developing new work streams with a focus on streamlined and efficient working practices
- develop an interesting and varied caseload allowing professional and personal development
This is an exciting and stimulating opportunity for someone who is highly motivated and relishes the challenges of being part of implementing new ways of working. The successful Employment Lawyer will be offered a high degree of flexibility; including
- Compressed hours
- A change of core hours
- Late starts or early leaving
- Flexibility for occasional personal commitments
- Use of flexi-time/time off in lieu
- Home working
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Leah Edgar in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.