South East England, England
£45000 - £48000 per annum
11 months ago
Permanent, 6 - 12 month Fixed term, Locum Contract
A great opportunity has arisen for an Employment Lawyer to join a small and friendly team within the South East.
The Employment Team currently consists of one employment lawyer and has a legal assistant. The Team also offers a seat to Trainee Solicitors.
It is an experienced legal team delivering high quality Legal Services to a well performing council.
The Council is an innovative Legal Service working collaboratively with District and Borough Councils' legal teams providing a gateway to use high motivational skills within a stimulating environment implementing challenging new ways of working with a commercial focus
The role of the Employment Lawyer will be:
- To provide robust and pragmatic advice and guidance to clients, in relation to a wide range of employment matters including grievances, disciplinary, TUPE, capability, discrimination, and any other employment related enquiries
- To conduct and advise on cases from start to finish in the Employment Tribunal
- To provide advocacy in a high quality and enhanced commercially driven legal service within specialist area, developing new work streams with a focus on streamlined and efficient working practices
- To develop an interesting and varied caseload allowing professional and personal development - this post offers an exciting and stimulating opportunity for someone who is highly motivated and relishes the challenges of being part of implementing new ways of working
- To manage legal cases following the Lexcel and ISO 9001 quality procedures from inception to completion without direct supervision
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience in Employment Law within a local authority setting, however all Employment lawyers of all backgrounds and levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
The council are operating fully remotely for the foreseeable future, with a high-degree of remote working as restrictions lift.
Don't miss out on this role! The council are well-regarded and offer flexible working arrangements.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years our dedicated team of consultants have built up an enviable relationships with employers, putting us in the best position to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.