Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£41000 - £51000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are proud to be assiting a very well known organisation based in Newcastle to recruit for an Estates Project Manager on a permanent basis.
My clients transformation team is looking to recruit an Estates Project Manager who will manage a number of strategic building projects as the organisation sets out to implement numerous exciting projects to support the their Strategy and emerging Estate Masterplan. The role will be responsible for the proactive management of assigned projects from business concept / design to operational handover, controlling time, cost and quality within agreed university standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with significant experience across the breadth of the design/construction process allied with strong change management skills gained working with senior stakeholders in large complex organisations.
- Take responsibility for budgeting, resource management and activity planning within projects under their control.
- Motivate and lead project delivery teams, ensuring delivery within defined time, cost and quality delivery parameters.
- Ensure that project delivery teams understand project delivery requirements in accordance with project management processes and policies.
- Where appropriate and specific to projects under their control, manages day to day relationships with third party project resources.
- To participate in appropriate internal and external networks and professional groups in the interests of the role and in order to enhance networks and share good practice.
- Invoke and manage change control processes as required.
- Work co-operatively and maintain effective relationships with others as appropriate, building networks which will assist and inform the development of the service.
- Assist with activity in relation to the Estate Plan Steering Group as required produce and compile project updates and meeting papers.
- Routinely challenges scope decisions to ensure compliance with 'Need over Desire'.
MRICS in Project Management of Building Surveyingor working towards a RICS professional qualification
Accredited Programme and Project Management Professional certification (e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner, MSP)
Knowledge and demonstrable experience of major building projects working on complex new-build and refurbishment capital projects/programmes in excess of £10m.
- Excellent programme and project management skills including practical use of tools and techniques including programme planning, risk and issue management, budget management and non-financial resource management.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website