Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£22000 - £25000 per annum
7 months ago
External Reporting Accountant
The External Reporting Team is the engine behind the quality and timely preparation of the Local GAAP financial statements and corporate income tax reporting for Western Europe. This includes Local GAAP tax accounting and preparation of Direct Tax Computations and Returns.
One of the key areas the External Reporting (ER) Accountant is being asked to work is on the UK legal entities, with preparation of the detailed fixed assets and capital items expensed analysis for capital allowances in the Tax returns.
Following this, the accountant will be involved in the preparation of the tax computations and returns that are filed externally with the UK Tax Authorities.
The ER Accountant may also be asked to get involved in the preparation of Local GAAP tax accounting and other adhoc external reporting analysis / processes.
As an External Reporting Accountant working on Tax related analysis and reporting, you will also be required to communicate well and provide a good level of customer service, as you will be one of the main points of contact for both the FSS Tax Manager and the Country Tax Manager.
Skills required for the role include:
* Fixed assets and capital accounting knowledge.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
* Knowledge of SAP and strong excel skills.
* Strong operational discipline to meet tight external reporting deadlines.
* Good accounting knowledge, which they can apply to complex accounting scenarios.
* The agility to be able to work with different managers and multiple countries / pieces of work to meet specific reporting deadlines.
Specific Skills Required -Fixed Assets & Capital accounting knowledge, Strong accounting knowledge, SAP knowledge, Strong excel skills.