Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28000 - £32000 per annum + flexible working, study support, pension
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are representing a global powerhouse in Manchester.The business is looking to recruit a part-qualified Finance Analyst to join their expanding operations finance team.
The purpose and main responsibility of the Financial Analyst will be to support the FP&A manager with the Financial Planning cycles; including but not limited to the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes. This includes populating the finance forecast based on inputs provided by the business and managing variance analysis tools to pin-point anomalies or significant changes that need to be challenged.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Analyst:
- You will manage the financial forecasting tools, develop an understanding of financial modelling undertaken to be able to drive continuous improvements, remediate potential issues and highlight any risks or opportunities within the business.
- You will understand underlying assumptions within the model, support the update of these and allow continued full use of the model across commercial finance and wider business teams.
- Support forecasting cycles with analytics to identify trends, outliers etc to enable better explanation of numbers.
- Working closely with finance business partners with analysis to understand monthly performance through linking Operational KPIs and variance analysis against the forecast/budget
- Support the forecasting & budgeting process, challenging business inputs and understanding any significant changes between forecast cycles.
- Partner with the Financial Reporting team to ensure accurate month end reporting (BAU plus continuous development to improve speed, accuracy and insight).
- Improve financial performance by providing insightful and accurate analysis and challenging the business where necessary
- Support for FP&A manager on ad hoc projects
The Ideal Finance Analyst will be:
- Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- An analytical mind, with the ability to manipulate complex data sets and provide insightful reporting
- Able to build meaningful working relationships with all kinds of people, at all levels
- Driven individual has excellent attention to detail and organisational abilities.
If you or someone you know have the necessary skills or qualifications for this Finance Analyst vacancy, please contact Sam Sullivan at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642 or email your CV to email@example.com
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.