Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Temporary Finance Assistant to work for a growing services business based in Cheshire for a 1-2 month period. This is an all-round role working for a SME business and would suit someone happy to get involved in a variety of duties including Accounts, Administration and general office. You will be flexible in order to meet the needs of an SME business, willing to learn and happy to muck in.
- Monitor Time and Attendance on the company's system
- Record all absences and update timekeeping Records (sick/holidays/flexitime)
- Print all sales invoices and check and initial account's copies.
- Open all post, date stamp and distribute, taking any cheques to the bank
- Maintenance of Staff Location spreadsheet
- Maintain petty cash float for GBP and Foreign Currencies
- Match purchase invoices with electronic goods received details, check details and post to ledger
- Enter all customer receipts to sales ledger and nominal ledger
- Maintain GBP/Dollar and Euro cashbooks
- Chase overdue payments for customers
- Release invoices for payment, prepare and mail remittance advices and prepare bank instructions
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Prepare and submit European Sales List, Intrastat and VAT returns
- Reconcile Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Cash Book and UK,USD and Euro Bank accounts
- Print, check and post Customer Statements
- Post and reconcile monthly Barclaycard statements, ensuring all receipts are obtained
- Assist with month end (not initially but once all other tasks are up to speed)
- Respond to suppliers' and customers' requests and queries.
- Assist with Auditors requests
- Take Credit card payments as required
- General office and administrative duties including ordering stationary, booking of travel and hotels etc
- AAT Qualified would be preferred
- Must have previous Accounts experience
- Hard working and hands on; happy to get stuck in and get the job done
- Intermediate Excel experience
- Ideally will have worked in an SME business previously
If you are looking for a career in a challenging, professional environment where you can make your mark as part of a dynamic and committed team, then I want to hear from you. For more information please apply online or contact email@example.com at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership's new website is now live! Featuring a bold new look and streamlined navigation, you'll also enjoy a more personalised experience. Visit us now.