Manchester, Greater Manchester
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting on behalf of an educational organisation, for a Finance Business Partner role, based within Greater Manchester.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Leading Financial Planning for the Group using ESFA and FP models
- Business Partnering through excellent relationships with our internal budget holders and externally with the ESFA
- Providing an innovative and commercial lens on how we operate through developing business cases to drive growth and investment
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive the development and implementation of priority projects, identify continual improvement opportunities, and cost efficiencies
- Prepare and deliver financial performance report and trend analysis to a variety of stakeholders based upon their specific needs and circumstances.
- Safeguard the achievement of financial performance targets by analysis current and future impact of strategic decisions, risks and opportunities on financial targets and KPI established by 3rd parties (e.g. Banks, Local Authority, ESFA).
- Actively manage 3rd party relationship through the effective and efficient execution of performance /output criteria (e.g. Delivery of monthly and quarterly performance reports to bankers and the ESFA TU).
- Assist with and improve organisational business case preparation and tailoring of resources to achieve optimal strategic effectiveness.
- Validate and communicate all planning, budgeting and forecasting adjustments with the Head of Finance and the Financial Controller to ensure a consistency of understanding and delivery of meaningful financial reports.
- Implement and embed internal and external bench marking to assist with objective performance assessment.
- Work with Corporation colleagues to deliver agreed finance procedures and processes as well as developing a programme of financial awareness and literacy amongst those with financial and decision-making responsibilities.
- Develop improved reporting mechanisms for programmes across the Corporation.
- Provide financial leadership, relevant insight and challenge to colleagues in determining and delivering strategic objectives (e.g. student numbers, programme mix, fee structure).
Required skills and experience of the Finance Business Partner:
- CCAB fully qualified
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook with experience of using pivot tables
- Experience at working at a senior level
- Experience of working within the educational sector
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise responsibilities
- Excellent written and communication skills
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Finance Business Partner role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.