£26500 - £29500 per annum + 26 days holiday, pension, flexible working
11 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working exclusively with a forward thinking and developing Local Authority to recruit for a Finance Business Partner, focusing on Capital accounting. This role is vital to the financial structure, and will support the wide Finance team in ensuring that financial management is embedded throughout the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner:
- Compile detailed revenue / capital budgets for inclusion within the Council's budget in line with the Council's MTFS, including change / efficiency programmes
- Identify budget risk areas and develop appropriate financial models and tools to enable budget holders to manage budgets through linking activity to budgets and spend
- Ensure budget managers, service managers and corporate managers have a thorough understanding and accountability of their detailed budgets
- Cover for Treasury Management, day to day operational cash flow management, including investments. Assist in preparing the Treasury Management Strategy, monitoring and reporting and cash flow modelling
- Accurately prepare the financial statements and budgets for designated services, and accurately complete all relevant statistical returns and grant claim forms, ensuring all related working papers are completed
The successful Finance Business Partner will:
- Be a qualified member of a professional body (minimum of AAT)
- Have demonstrable experience of budget preparation, budget monitoring and capital accounting
- Have experience of working in a Public Sector financial environment, specifically within Capital
- Be able to use Excel to an intermediate level
- Hold the ability to explain financial terms and abbreviations clearly and concisely in a customer friendly manner
- Highly competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave + statutory holidays (rising with length of service)
- Flexible working policy, chance to accrue an additional 13 days of leave over the year
- Excellent work life balance
- Great culture
- Continued progression and development opportunities
This role is an excellent opportunity for a finance professional Accountant to work with a leading Local Authority during a hugely exciting time. The culture of this organisation is truly excellent and would be a fantastic place for someone looking for a better work / life balance.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.