£55000 - £62000 per annum
7 months ago
Salary: £55,000 - £62,000
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Commercial Finance Business Partner for a very successful and instantly recognisable retail business based in Scunthorpe.
The business has outperformed their competitors over the past few years and will continue to do so by driving their strategic plan, delivering further improvements and changes that will make a real impact on the whole business. This is a great opportunity for you to gain fantastic exposure and make a real impact on the way the business is run.
Roles at this level will provide expertise and advice to the organisation, senior management and operational teams to improve the performance, in this case for driving change and end to end thinking across the business. You will be expected to work autonomously and expected to direct, challenge and influence to maximise profitability.
This pivotal role provides commercial strategic financial support to senior leaders in the trading team. As a trading finance business partner, you will partner and work closely with the heads of category in the trading team to identify ways in which they can optimise the performance of each category. You will provide insight to drive strategic decision making and support the implementation of ambitious transformation projects.
General duties include:
- business partner with the heads of category to make sure they deliver according to sales and margin plans
- analyse weekly and periodic performance data and provide high quality and impactful analysis and insight to help the trading team to make smarter, profit-maximising decisions
- support the delivery of key change projects around price optimisation, range rationalisation and category profitability
- support the implementation of a new cost-to-serve tool and using profit by store keeping unit (SKU) information to drive value-adding decisions
- support category planning and forecasting processes
- manage category risks and opportunities
- make sure that our ways of working are aligned to one buyer model principles
- build meaningful relationships and work closely with senior leaders and colleagues across finance, commercial and the wider business
- voice your opinion - and be prepared to influence and challenge when necessary and motivate the wider commercial finance team to develop and engage their own capability
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who comes from a similar commercial finance or business partnering background ideally within the retail, wholesale, multisite, leisure or FMCG industry.
The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to understand business strategy, identify and interpret financial trends yet have the ability to simplify complex information. You will enjoy building robust and productive relationships, providing support and challenge across all functions and liaising with senior management.
You will have strong business partnering, driving and delivering efficiencies, stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills and in particular the ability to engage with and influence with senior leaders on a strategic level. Focussed on delivering specific objectives, you will be proactive, dynamic and self-motivated with a desire to find and deliver improvements. In addition you will have the ability to work independently and together with other personnel both finance and non-finance.
You will have experience designing, building and maintaining complex financial models - advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, macros and advanced formulas and functions) and a solid understanding of BI systems, able to interpret data and draw conclusions would be ideal. Some knowledge of Access would be highly beneficial too, but not essential
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.