West Midlands, England
£20.00 - £32.00 per hour
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced Finance Business Partner to join our reputable client on a temporary basis. The role is contracted to 3-4 months and will initially be working from home, with a potential need to go into the office in the future.
The purpose of the role is to high quality financial information to senior management, as well as delivering a first class, value for money financial service that meets the legal and financial aims and objectives. The role will also be responsible for representing the organisations at meetings and effectively presenting the financial information to a range of audiences.
The duties of the Finance Business Partner include:
- Provide value added financial advice and support to all customers of the service
- Provide comprehensive reports and briefings and active participation in meetings as a representative of finance
- Ensuring proper financial controls and governance arrangements are in place for all aspects of service delivery
- Actively contribute and participate fully in the efficient and effective delivery of all finance activities, including: financial accounts and external audits, budget setting, estimate preparation, resource allocation, financial planning process, grant claims, etc.
- Ensure staff are managed and supervised in order to deliver an effective finance service
- Identify and report upon any financial risks, resulting from changes in political, operational, technological or environmental factors
The ideal Finance Business Partner will have:
- Proven experience of the duties listed above, within a local authority background would be an advantage
- Previous managerial experience, as well as previous exposure to the role above in order to deputise for them when needed
- Able to demonstrate high technical ability to ensure accounting standards and codes of practice are understood and adhered to
- Ability to drive through change and take on and complete new challenges
- Experience of management accounting, budget setting and working with stakeholders is essential
Our client is looking to get someone in the role ASAP, therefore if your experience meets the criteria above, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.