Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus, Pension
about 1 month ago
Excellent opportunity to join a global market leader that works with many of the worlds Blue Chip household brands. Working from their impressive offices in Salford you will benefit from a blended home and office flexi scheme.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Director and providing Finance & Commercial support to the relevant site MD and Senior Management Team. You will have responsibility for all Commercial financial aspects of your relevant area and you are expected to analyse figures and terms, implement recommendations based on these findings, producing the most profitable outcomes. You will have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets and costs. Duties will include but not restricted to;
* Be part of and drive an exceptional business partnering finance culture, using trends to spot opportunities & risks, ensuring these are communicated to the right people at the right time. Challenging the wider business on any areas for commercial improvement, to include but not limited to sales support, IT, warehouse and logistics, marketing.
* Overseeing the monthly preparation of sales and margin reporting packs across the relevant site, working and developing the rest of the team, ensuring results are to expectation.
* Providing review and challenge of the monthly outputs prepared by the management accountants.
* Being the principle contact for commercial finance support for the site Managing Director and Senior Management Team.
* Ownership of monthly results down to EBITDA, with full understanding & ability to measure against latest expectation, and historic performance.
* Attendance & pro active lead at monthly site specific Account Group meetings, as finance lead and representative.
* Working with the Financial Accounts & Transactional teams to drive improvements in working capital for your relevant area.
* Ownership of site sales and margin budgets and quarterly reforecasts, working in conjunction with the site MD, sales teams, and Management Accountants. Ensuring that appropriate commercial pressure is applied at all times before the numbers are submitted to the Commercial Director.
* Responsible for the site annual commission scheme, ongoing measurement of performance and subsequent communication.
* Support of new & existing projects within your area, (this includes new business tenders as well as new projects on existing clients) collating all financial information and ensuring the best possible commercial outcome for the business as a whole.
* Completion of monthly site information & MD presentation in preparation for the Operating Board Meeting
* Management & development of growing team, currently consisting of 1 direct & 2 indirect reports.
* Continuous investigation & challenge for your relevant area on cost control & optimum gross margin. Working closely with all departments making sure that necessary information is shared proactively to make this happen.
* Responsibility for monthly customer reporting to the Account Management teams. Particular emphasis on support for business objective of optimizing investment in working capital.
* Use skills, knowledge, and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business, by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
* Perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who our internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them.
The role holder is responsible for the management of a small team (1 Qual and 2 studiers) so previously management exposure is advantageous but not essential. You will be a Qualified accountant with previous stakeholder management exposure. Whilst previous Business Partnering experience is desirable, they are also open to people with a solid finance career and can demonstrate strong communication skills.
In return they offer a Bonus, Pension scheme, 25 days holiday, flexible working, life assurance and social events to name but a few of the benefits.
For more information forward your CV to Martin today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.