Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus, Pension
about 1 month ago
Excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a FTSE listed business as a Finance Business Partner reporting into an impressive Commercial Finance Manager. Operating from their UK head office within a £100m+ t/o subsidiary you will be the face of finance supporting both internal and external customers mainly budget holders across sales, logistics and warehousing.
The main focus of the role is to assist the Commercial Finance Manager to maximise the profitability and return of the business. In particular prepare margin analysis reports, investigate margin variances and support the Sales and Procurement teams in customer and product tenders.
* Provide commercial insight and analysis of results, identify trends and challenge the business on performance. Investigation of margins by exception, exploring any discrepancies
* Work closely with Sales team supporting Account Directors and Account managers to understand customer financial performance whilst adopting a partner / challenger role in evaluating business plans
* Preparation of key monthly metrics for customer contribution statements
* Production of analysis for new business tenders
* Assist in the development of reporting and improvements to self-serve reporting
* Work closely with Procurement teams to understand product margins and maintenance of landed cost spreadsheet
* Ad hoc support to Commercial Finance Manager
* Support process and control improvements
* Support to Account Managers and commercial understanding of key customer relationships with assigned customers to business partner
* Work with the Commercial Finance Manager to identify opportunities to improve customer profitability.
* Measure, monitor and report agreed KPIs to agreed timetables.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified commercially minded accountant (ACCA/CIMA) with ability to identify and interpret financial trends. You will have excellent modelling, analytical and data handling skills. Articulate and confident communicator with previous stakeholder management exposure. You will come from a Management Accounting background preferably with an analytical focus.
You will be ambitious and look to continually develop as an accountant. You will either have a background within Management Accounts or Commercial Finance but aspirations to become a Finance Business Partner. In return you will benefit from an excellent package including Bonus, Pension, 25 days Holiday with options to buy more, free parking. You will also benefit from the continued support and mentoring of an impressive Commercial Finance Manager.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin Parr ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.