Finance Business Partner
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
0191 261 8585
Sellick Partnership are currently supporting a reputable organisation in Newcastle with the recruitment of a Finance Business Partner.
The key purpose of a Finance Business Partner is to support the business leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth. The Finance Business Partner is responsible for providing dedicated, commercial and financial decision support aligned to strategic and customer priorities, to win good business and improve shareholder value. The Finance Business Partner will work with a portfolio of schemes and contracts to challenge assumptions, influence decisions and make recommendations for efficiency improvements in order to sustain growth.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Act as a trusted, visible and accessible point of contact to business leaders; providing commercial and financial decision support; challenge and insight into business profitability to drive future performance.
· Understand the customer landscape and their drivers to provide contract pricing, cash and margin optimisation recommendations, ensuring an acceptable balance of risk and return.
· Accountable for the accuracy of financial records including month end reporting, compliance, business financial plans, weekly/monthly forecasts, annual budgets and ad hoc reporting requirements that may arise.
· Improvement and standardisation of financial reports including detailed analysis of recharge mechanisms in place on each individual contract
· Consolidation of reports across Divisions; co-ordinating with all areas of the business to provide accurate information on which business decisions can be made
· Provide financial support to all bids within the region
· Provide financial support to all major projects within the region
· Develop further financial controls across the team including balance sheet reviews, debtors / cash collection, unbilled analysis and journal reviews to ensure that all financial accounting guidelines are being followed
· Understand the value drivers of the business and provide guidance on contract / service performance including ROI, scenario planning, KPI analysis and benchmarking.
· Support business leaders to deliver contractual obligations through identification of over and under delivery, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations.
· Drive contract / service cost optimisation projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations.
· Proactive identification, assessment and management of financial and commercial opportunities and risks on individual contracts; driving through opportunities with Operational teams.
· To oversee Junior Finance Business Partners, providing guidance, support and development of a strong, cohesive team
· Experience in a similar role within a multi-site business is desirable
· Track record of collaborating with business leaders in a complex business environment
· Strong commercial acumen, as well as a strong understanding of the relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers
· Experience of having worked successfully in a virtual team.
· Demonstrates diligence, integrity and personal gravitas
· Adaptable, energetic and a continuous learner
· A high level of focus on the achievement of targeted results
For more information contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.