£45000 - £50000 per annum
7 months ago
Due to an exciting period of growth, a well-established, rapidly expanding business based in Cheshire is currently looking to appoint a Revenue and Governance Accountant on a permanent basis to join their dynamic and growing transformation team.
As Finance Control and Governance Accountant, you will work as part of a fast-paced team and be responsible for:
- Daily contact with internal customers involving decision making based on established principles, managing communications with our German colleagues and all levels of management and staff in the UK.
- Build relationships across the business and with all levels within the finance team acting as an "advisor" to improve the control environment, maintain good governance and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Understand complex finance transactions/processes and recommend changes to financial controls and governance, deciding on areas for further investigation. Impact the work of other's by creating process efficiencies and good governance.
- Responsible for the management of SAP access and finance master data requests from the business providing a "triage" facility between UK and Germany, ensuring advice is provided to maintain segregation of duties and perform regular reviews of finance system access.
- Innovation within finance and other areas of the business such as bringing new ideas, identifying opportunities for process automation, recommending course of action and documenting/embedding the changes.
- Communication and re-training of finance teams on new procedures where required.
- Working collaboratively with both finance and non-finance teams to optimise operational efficiencies across the business.
- Supporting other ad-hoc finance activities as required to help finance meet its commitments to the Board.
As Financial Control and Governance Accountant you will have the following skill set:
- Personable with strong communication skills - both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to change, and in turn be a change agent for the Finance department to help embed a culture of change.
- Previous Internal Audit Experience
- Good commercial and financial knowledge.
- Experience of "Lean Six Sigma" approach, process mapping, process improvement and setting performance measures.
- A range of financial system experience - SAP is essential and preferably Cognos
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong Audit background to join a company with a dynamic culture and unrivalled opportunities .
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the role, please apply now, or contact Hayley Cox at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.