Manchester, Greater Manchester
£90000 - £120000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Working on an exclusive basis Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an ambitious and driven Finance Director for a profitable division of a global manufacturing business.
Based in Manchester this is a broad and all-encompassing role which exposes you to a wide variety of global stakeholders in the business and will play a major part in the company's senior management team.
Reporting into the CFO and working closely with the Divisional MD, the post holder will lead a team that is accountable to produce all the Financial and Management Accounts, timely strategic and operational financial information to support the business plan and the evolving needs of the business (UK & EMEA regions).
You will be focussed on delivering and implementing strategies to provide financial management and support operations, working closely with the UK & EMEA senior leadership teams, providing genuine commercial insight and aid in making sound conclusions to ensure that performance is maximised and to drive initiatives for profitable growth.
A full job specification is available but below is a brief overview of general duties:-
- Work with the leadership team to support business development activity and expansion
- Lead business and financial strategy and planning, monitoring, management reporting.
- Preparation of value add commentary with explanations for the key movements
- Build close links with the Operations and Sales functions and broader teams to develop, implement and control the regional plans in support of the Group's overall strategy
- Work with colleagues to develop and implement analysis based investment decisions in allocating both capital and operational resources
- Carry on the required activities in the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Review people and processes within the Finance function. Ensure that best practice is adopted to establish a faster, more efficient service with a 'right-first-time' concept
- Financial Analysis and Modelling of proposals (e.g. Capital Expenditure, new contracts, acquisitions, disposals, restructuring etc.)
- Responsibility for the Finance Department, including production of monthly Management Accounts, Annual Financial Accounts (including Statutory Accounts & legal entity requirements relating to treasury & taxation).
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with experience in a similar role within a manufacturing business (ideally HVAC).
You will be commercially astute, and able to identify key trends, risks and opportunities within the business. A proven track record of driving improvements and cost savings, experience of working in an environment of strict cash management, experience of multi-site operations, experience of implementing and integrating an ERP system, excellent negotiating and influencing skills, experience of managing change coupled with significant managerial experience is essential.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. You must have strong analytical skills, be organised and able to present conclusions to support decision-making.
If you consider yourself to be a proactive rather than reactive individual, committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.