Manchester, Greater Manchester
£275 - £300 per day
3 months ago
Interim Opportunity for an experienced Technical Accountant to join a large business as Finance Manager. You will be Responsible for maintaining financial control over the Corporate balance sheet covering complex areas of BU balance sheets and the business financial processes. You will deal with complex IFRS accounting queries within corporate and resolve with auditors and senior management.
* Manage the production, control and review of the Corporate Balance sheet on a four weekly basis.
* Report to Group Finance on any financial control weaknesses and responsible for completing Corporate's deliverable for the quarterly Financial Control Review process.
* Fully responsible for managing & reporting on all Head Office companies including year end statutory accounts for these corporate entities.
* Responsible for financial accounting and budgeting within the Co-op Foundation including attendance at periodic board meetings and engagement with senior stakeholders.
* Oversee the continual improvement and development of financial systems and processes to ensure full capability is maximized.
* Maintaining a strong financial control environment within the corporate business unit
* Improving finance processes and procedures
* Support on Year-end audit process, and obtaining audit approval.
* Review of preparation of year end accounting and tax packs
The successful applicant will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified and have strong technical accounting skills with up to date technical knowledge on financial reporting matters. A strong communicator you with have experience of managing relationships with financial and non-financial colleagues and adapting financial information to relevant audience.
For more information please forward your CV to Martin ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.