Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£36706 - £39801 per annum + Additional Benefits
8 days ago
Sellick Partnership are working in collaboration with Northumbria Student's Union to recruit a Finance Manager to be based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The role of Finance Manager is accountable to the Board of Directors/Trustees, reporting through the Chief Executive, for the management of the finance function. The Finance Manager assists the Chief Executive with all financial matters relating to the delivery of the charity's mission and operational plan.
This role offers the successful candidate an amazing opportunity to be part of an innovative, award winning charity which seeks to have the highest standards of service required to be one of the country's leading Students' Unions.
This is a very varied role and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent technical management accounting skills, lead a team of staff effectively and ensure the organisation's financial processes and controls are fit for purpose and adhered to. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant. Knowledge of higher education or the charity sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Lead on the preparation of the annual accounts for the charity and its subsidiary company for audit
- Lead on the production of the annual organisational budget
- Report any budget variances or other significant financial issues to budget holders and Senior Leadership Team colleagues as appropriate
- Produce monthly management accounts and other reports required by the Senior Leadership Team and Trustee Board in accordance with agreed timescales
- Manage cash flow and produce cash flow projections in accordance with agreed frequencies
- Maintain an up to date register of fixed assets
- Assist with funding applications and financial reports to funders
- Be responsible for the production of VAT returns to HM Revenue & Customs
- Prepare annual Charity Commission and Companies House returns in a timely manner
- To be responsible and accountable for providing leadership, support, motivation, performance management and direction to staff working in the Finance Department.
Northumbria Students' Union is a great place to work, an accredited Silver Investors in People employer where 84% of their staff say that they would recommend them as a good place to work. They have a track-record of national recognition from NUS Students' Union of the Year 2011 to NUS Student Opportunities of the Year 2016.
If you'd like to know more about this opportunity and to receive an application pack, please contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.