£42000 - £45000 per annum + + £3,000 p.a for Deputy S151 Duties
0161 834 1642
Sellick Partnership are currently seeking candidates with experience within Local Authority and the Public Sector. A position has come available for a Finance Manager following a period of growth.
The organisation are now looking to appoint a confident finance professional to take charge of the Finance Function.
During an exciting period of change, our client is looking for a highly experienced individual to join their team. This project focused role will operate across a number of departments and will involve liaising with senior management and Heads of Service and will be reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
The main responsibility of the Finance Manager:
- Build up the current Finance Business Partnering and overseeing the coordination of the budget monitoring reports to then present to management and the Head of Service.
- Managing and leading allocated teams within the accountancy and payments team.
- Leading in the coordinating of the final accounts, capital and revenue budgets all in accordance with Financial Regulations.
- Preparation of grant claims and statistical returns, annual statement of accounts and year-end close down.
- Responsibility for the financial management systems and budgets, overseeing the design, maintenance and development of the general ledgers, creditor payment systems, debtors and the computerised financial management systems.
- Attending committees as a representative for the Head of Finance.
- Responsilbity for maintaining and delivering the tax management policy, including the preparation of returns for Inland Revenue, Customs and Excise.
The ideal Senior Finance Manager will:
- CIPFA or equivalent ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified
- Will have experience of Capital Accounts, Budget Monitoring, Reviewing and Setting.
- Local Government experience or experience within a similar Public Sector environment.
- CIVICA Financial experience is desirable but not essential.
If you or anyone you know is interested in the above position and feel that the experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Kirsty Duncan on 0161 834 1642 or Kirsty.email@example.com for a confindential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice