South Yorkshire, England
£350 - £450 per day
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership are seeking a Finance Manager - Capital & Treasury Management on behalf of a large and successful Public Sector organisation in South Yorkshire. Reporting directly into the Head of Financial Services, this position is for an initial 3/6 months with good chance of extension and very competitive rates on offer.
As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing the financial lead in relation to preparing strategies, business plans and service plans including financial modelling, option appraisal and risk analysis as required
- Establishing, reviewing and implementing the overall service and financial planning and medium term financial strategy processes, including consideration of the impact of different funding mechanisms
- Co-ordinating the statutory year end accounts closure programme including liaison with Audit (both internal and external)
- Co-ordinating monthly and quarterly financial and performance monitoring framework and develop performance and unit cost comparisons including quality and benchmarking frameworks
- Provide a strategic taxation and treasury management function
The successful Finance Manager will:
- Be a fully qualified CCAB Accountant
- Have extensive Local Government experience
- Hold extensive experience of successfully implementing change management initiatives within a large and complex organisation
- Hold extensive knowledge of current Local Government financial policy, procedure and statutory regulations
- Hold extensive knowledge of financial planning processes and strategies including specialist knowledge of business funding and resourcing mechanisms (e.g. treasury management policies, public / private sector funding mechanisms)
- Hold a knowledge and understanding of overall and specialist financial issues including VAT and taxation, treasury management and schools
This is an excellent opportunity for a successful Finance Manager to work with a leading Local Authority during a crucial period of change. This role offers excellent rates, longevity and is a fantastic challenge.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.