£45000 - £55000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Finance Manager for a private equity backed online tech business based in Lancashire. The company is a UK market leader in its industry and the role is available due to an internal promotion.
This is a broad and all-encompassing role within a fast growing organisation, which is looking to double in size over the next few years. This critical role will have direct management responsibility and will play a pivotal role in the delivery of complete, accurate and timely management and financial accounts. You will also have close liaison with key stakeholders and department heads across the business.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Produce monthly management accounts together with supporting variance analysis and control accounts to an agreed timetable.
- Present the accounts and financial analysis to a range of stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensure robust controls over all aspects of the accounting environment, able to identify areas for systems development, design appropriate plans and implement changes efficiently.
- Supervise the work of others, including setting and monitoring objectives, providing coaching and performance improvement where appropriate.
- Participate in the budgeting/forecasting process, engage with senior management on financial issues and advise on the impact of commercial trends and operational decisions.
- Familiar with recent accounting developments and able to prepare statutory accounts for management and audit review.
- Responsible for the day to day Management of the audit process
- Understand and account for the tax consequences of transactions, prepare draft computations and identify where further specialist advice may be required.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) ideally making their second move from a top10 practice firm or with experience in a similar role.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. You must have strong communicational / stakeholder management skills, be organised and able to present conclusions to support decision-making. Managerial experience is important to this role.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.