Manchester, Greater Manchester
£55000 - £60000 per annum
5 months ago
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a growth business during an exciting period of change based at their Global Head Office in Manchester. This is a newly created role and will oversee the transactional finance function ensuring the accuracy of underlying transactions and lead the financial control environment so that current internal controls and procedures are effective, cost effective and compliant.
The business has also started on a transformation journey and the finance team are at the heart of this with the planned implementation of a new ERP system. This person's role will be crucial to both ensure the day to day management of the transactional finance function during the ERP design and implementation phase.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role is responsible for leading and developing a team of circa 15 staff through 4 direct reports across Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Financial Accounts divisions whilst working closely with the Management Accounts and Group functions. Duties will include;
* Overseeing Financial Accounting team (responsible for transactional processing of fixed assets, non-stock accounts payable (300+ suppliers) and expenses including preparation of accruals, prepayments and depreciation calculations) ensuring accuracy of reporting and streamlining of processes
* Responsible for developing transactional procedures to ensure accurate VAT reporting
* Develop appropriate controls around expense and credit card usage to ensure employee tax compliance.
* Responsible for the regular maintenance of all AP, AR and Fixed Asset ledgers to ensure data is up to date, accurate and relevant
* Responsible for monthly foreign exchange restatements of AR, AP and bank balances
* Responsible for ensuring monthly intercompany reconciliations are complete and accurate
* Ensure detailed process notes/process flows are built and regularly maintained for each transactional functional area
* Acting as escalation point for suppliers and customers with unresolved queries
* Responsible for ensuring all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis and are accurate (140+ balance sheet reconciliations)
* Management of day to day treasury requirements including production of short and long term cash flow forecasts.
* Work with the bank provider to improve transactional processing
* Assist with preparation of External Audit files and tax computation information for year end reporting
* Responsible for ad hoc external reporting including bank requirements, Gender Pay Gap reporting, Payment Practice reporting, National Statistics and any new requirements
* Responsible for internal reporting on working capital for board presentations
* Maximise functionality of nominal ledger system and make improvements to current processes, constantly seeking efficiencies.
* Identification of any system errors and implementation of procedures to prevent further issues.
* Responsible for performance management of team including objective setting and appraisal process, managing recruitment process for new hires
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business during a period of business change and develop and grow a finance function and team that adds real value to the long term success of the company. You must have worked at Finance Manager level previously with experience leading similar size teams (15). You will have exposure to Stock based businesses so come from a Retail, Manufacturing, Consumer Goods background as well as having a strong technical accounting background, including payroll requirements, VAT and employee tax requirements.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.