Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to recruit a Finance Manager to join an exciting e-commerce SME based in Manchester city centre. Our dynamic client has gone from strength to strength following some impressive financial growth and is looking for a passionate, motivated individual to join their Manchester office. With a strong presence in the UK market, and a growing client base overseas, this is a fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to join a welcoming and vibrant organisation.
The purpose of this Finance Manager role is to oversee the work of an Assistant Accountant, and be responsible for the budgeting process, VAT and Intrastat work.
* Review and production of monthly management accounts for all areas, including preparation of accruals and prepayments and supervision of Assistant Accountant
* Posting of month end journals, reconciliation of intercompany accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
* Management of budget for UK operations and international business units
* Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and reconciling VAT returns to nominal ledger
* Preparation of monthly Intrastat and EC Sales Lists
* Day-to-day management of Assistant Accountant, including supporting any training or mentoring, and carrying out 1-2-1 reviews
* Oversee the production of the payroll for c.25 staff
The ideal Finance Manager:
The ideal Finance Manager will be a part/fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent, with experience within a similar role. It is essential that the successful individual has experience of working within an import/export environment and understands stock, practical use of Sage is also essential. This role would suit an bright and personable individual, ideally from an SME background, with a keen eye for detail and strong people management skills.
If your or anyone you know has the requisite skills or experience for this Finance Manager role, please contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.