Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £56500 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to a 12 month FTC for a Finance Manager, working for an established nor for profit client in Greater Manchester.
The role will involve assisting with all aspects of development and effective operation of financial systems and procedures. To oversee academy budget setting and monitoring, department budget, costing activities and development of budget profiles. To be functionally responsible for those which ensure the effective operations of the organisation.
Day to day duties for the Finance Manager post will include:
- Provide high quality financial advice and guidance to Business Managers, budget holders and to the Senior Management Team.
- Support the Regional Finance Director in the preparation and implementation of financial forecasts, business plans, reports and returns, etc., to ensure the strategic development of the Academy, and long term sustainability of the budget
- Update, monitor and maintain the financial procedures and standing orders, ensuring staff comply with them and that they are compliant with policies and procedures, advising the Regional Finance Director of any potential breaches or non- compliance across the organisation
- Provide high quality financial advice and guidance to school business managers, budget holders and the Senior Leadership Team
- Support the Regional Finance Director in monitoring all budgets and the productions of regular comprehensive management reports to ensure efficient and effective control of income and expenditure complying with the financial regulations and public procurement regulations at all times
- Support the Regional Finance Director in the preparation and implementation of financial forecasts, business plans, reports and returns, etc., to ensure the strategic development of the organisation and long term sustainability of the budgets
- Development and delivery of the three year financial plan taking into account guidelines / funding and identifying additional sources of external revenue and funding
- Preparation of the annual budget in accordance with the requirements of the Governing Body
- Prepare audit files and liaise with external and internal auditors, reconciliations necessary to support the monthly management account
- Ensure that the relevant accounting standards are appropriately applied in the production of the monthly and annual accounts
- Attend and present financial management reports, budgets to Local Governing Body meetings (including Sub-committee meetings)
- Lead on updating the fixed asset register, including additions, disposals, transfers and depreciation charges
- Oversee cash management systems, ensuring that internal controls covering the handling of cash are robust
Essential experience must include:
- Minimum three years' experience in Senior Finance role, including two with line management responsibility.
- Experience of operating within an education or service sector environment
- Line management experience including appraisals, staff development and training
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.