Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum
2 months ago
Salary: £40,000- £45,000
Sellick Partnership has been engaged on an exclusive basis to recruit a Finance Manager (no2) for a successful and growing importer / wholesale distributor business based in Manchester. This role is available at an exciting time and the successful candidate will play a major part in the company's current business growth project. This is a broad and all-encompassing role within a growing organisation which has recently had a sizable investment.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the position will have direct management responsibility and will play a pivotal role in the delivery of complete, accurate and timely management and financial accounts as well as undertaking all aspects of financial and commercial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation and financial planning. Furthermore, you will also have close liaison with key stakeholders and department heads across the business.
- Prepare detailed and accurate monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow information with supporting reconciliations, analysis and commentary
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organisation are met including payment of Corporation tax, Vat, PAYE
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non- financial users and have regular interaction on financial matters with members of staff
- Managing and processing all aspects of the weekly payroll for the warehouse operatives for multiple sites
- Daily Bank and cash book reconciliation for multiple companies in various currencies (GBP, Euro and US Dollar) also reconciling and handling all petty cash and journal postings.
- Cashflow Management and Turnover Reconciliations for all companies.
- Management of a small team, taking full responsibility for AP, AR and cash management alongside all necessary staff appraisals and development.
- Reporting weekly sales figures to senior management.
- Daily interaction with the Finance Director and company directors on business performance. Provide accounting and non-accounting support to the Directors.
- Continually review financial and operation processes looking for improvements in efficiency and control
- Analytical and methodical in data analysis and data reporting to superiors.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who has experience within a similar role within an SME and has been part of an import/export, FMCG, service, distribution, wholesale or retail sector.
You will be a result driven, self-motivated and resourceful finance professional with a proven ability to provide key financial data, support and reporting to assist in key business decisions. You will have excellent communication skills and able to build strong relationships both within and outside of a finance department as well as effectively communicating financial information to non-finance colleagues. You will possess strong financial control and reporting skills and rigorously ensuring that all statutory and corporate obligations are met.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.