Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting a large Public Sector Authority in the recruitment of a Finance Manager to join their team based in Middlesbrough on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the provision of Financial Services including:
- Supporting the development of financial plans and strategies in order to align financial resources to corporate and service strategies and plans.
- Providing financial support and influence to a range of complex projects and programmes including the Combined Authority's efficiency programme.
- Support the Development of Investment Plans and Medium-Term Financial Plans for members of the organisation
- Provide financial support and advice to Service Managers and Directors.
- Support the Group Finance Manager in the development and maintenance of the Investment Plan and Medium Term Financial Plan for members of the organisation
- Support and influence the development and delivery of the programmes and monitor their delivery liaising closely with operational management to monitor delivery performance and update financial plans accordingly.
- Provide financial advice and support to a range of complex corporate development projects and initiatives. Develop and evaluate options, determine long term sustainable solutions and safeguard the interests of the organisation
- Provision of financial support and advice to Service and Project Managers.
- The preparation of the budget for the Service Area in line with Corporate standards and timescales.
- Support the development of effective partnerships with other organisations to integrate the financial plans and strategies of partners with those of the organisation
- Plan, organise and manage the budget monitoring control process for the Service Area in line with agreed risks and standards.
- Analyse trends and develop forecasts using budget and activity data to inform and influence the MTFP and Capital Programme.
- To assist in the preparation of the Statement of Accounts within legislative timescales and format, completing all statutory returns, questionnaires & statistics.
- Assist in managing accounting operations (including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and revenue recognition) and where required assist in the preparation of management accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and any required cashflow forecasting.
- Co-ordination and preparation of statistical returns and all external Financial Reporting in accordance with the relevant policies.
- Analysing and interpreting legislation, government guidance and initiatives covering the area of responsibility and assess the financial implications, risks and opportunities for the Combined Authority.
- Support treasury management activity around investment and borrowing in line with the strategy and, control and monitoring of VAT.
- CCAB Qualified
- Experience of budget planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience of analysing data to produce forecasts which inform and influence medium term financial planning
- Fully IT literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Significant Financial
- Management experience
- Local Government / Public Sector experience
- Technical accounting knowledge in relation to production of statement of accounts
- Experience of developing and implementing Financial policy and controls to meet service and Finance objectives
- Communicating technical financial information to non-finance specialists in an easily understandable way.
- Interprets and uses financial information to inform decisions and manage risks
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate orally and in writing with a range of people.
If you are interested in the position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.