Up to £40057 per annum
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Finance Manager for an established Public Sector client, based in the North West. The Finance Manager will support the financial control of the organisation including balance sheet accounting and reporting, annual accounts and audit. The role is a key member of the finance team and will manage the delivery of core finance processes ensuring that organisation effectively carries out its statutory functions including, accounting, compliance to standing orders and reporting requirements.
Key tasks for the Finnace Manager post include:
- Ensure good management of the financial ledger in particular the operation of all Accounts Receivable processes to support the integrity of the balance sheet ensuring reconciliations are performed and reviewed monthly.
- Ensure key targets/KPI's in the related Finance activities are achieved.
- Primary contact point with our shared service provider, in relation to specific business area and ensure associated contractual obligations are met.
- Act as key link with business managers to identify improvements to increase transactional efficiencies, managing the implementation of associated process changes.
- Lead on Agreement of Balances process for Debtors/Creditors and liaison with Income/Expenditure agreements and support the delivery of internal/external reporting deadlines.
- Deliver related finance training as part of a regular programme to both finance staff and budget holders.
- Management of staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure the provision of an efficient, high quality and customer-focused service.
Finance Manager Experience required:
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial systems & financial accounting principles, techniques, and tools
- Specialist understanding of finance Frameworks, understanding best practice, and public sector finance regulations
- Detailed knowledge of maintaining confidentiality and implementing data protection legislation requirements including information governance
- Demonstrated experience of co-ordinating finance projects in complex and challenging environments
- Significant experience of successfully operating in a politically sensitive environment with diverse stakeholder input
- Experience of the annual accounts process and related correspondence at senior manager level
- Experience of implementation of a financial system
- Experience of chairing effective meetings through building agendas and providing structure
Skills and abilities:
- Skills in implementation of full end to end financial procedures and governance in line with organisations Standing financial instructions and standing orders
- Present complex, sensitive or contentious financial information to large groups or differing stakeholder groups where challenge or resistance may exist e.g. formal presentations, representation at formal meetings
- Ability to build and maintain a variety of constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Valued and active participant in relevant internal and external finance and non-finance working groups/projects, services, and initiatives to provide, information and analytical advice and expertise
- Present information and issues, explaining highly complex issues, to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with other Managers to share finance best practice and enabling managers to understand the relevance of the systems/finance processes to their business needs
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to effectively manage a team and plan and co-ordinate the delivery of a broad range of complex finance tasks or programmes of work over medium term which would require the formulation of strategic plans and have impact across own department and wider organisation.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) or they will be qualified by experience, or an active studier.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.