Greater Manchester, England
£35745 - £39880 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged on an exclusive basis to recruit a Finance Manager for a not for profit client based in Greater Manchester. Assisting the Regional Finance Manager, you will ensure that the organisation operates robust financial management, governance and administration in order to comply with group policy.
Day to day duties for the Finance Manager role include:
- To assist in the production of sustainable annual budgets and long term financial plans
- To produce the periodic budget monitoring reports, internal control checklists, audit workbooks and supporting information as required
- To monitor and analyse each budget, identifying, reporting on and pursuing timely and effective resolutions for material variances and potential issues
- To understand and provide expert guidance on the latest funding provisions and opportunities
- To provide advice and guidance on regional finance matters to internal stakeholders for the purposes of creating and maintaining robust financial control and accountability and promoting financial strategic aims
- To provide technical advice and guidance on finance matters, as a critical friend, to the regional finance manager
- To report financial activities of the region to the regional finance manager in line with specified reporting deadlines
- To assist the regional finance manager with the management of all financial aspects
- To manage the regional transaction processing centre, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all transactions including responsibility for payroll management and ensuring the implementation of systems in compliance with all policies
- To deputise for the regional finance manager at their request or in their absence.
- To line manage the regional finance officers/ assistants
- Prepare the monthly management accounts, forecasts and other financial and nonfinancial reports, explaining all significant variances to all relevant stakeholders, in accordance with agreed timetables, presenting reports to the regional finance manager
- Provide systems and accounting support
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.