£48782 - £71242 per annum + pension
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership Recruitment Services are currently looking for a Finance Manager to support our client based in Cambridgeshire on a Permanent basis.
This role is a full time position which is primarily working from home, however the successful candidate will need to visit the office base 1 to 2 times a month for meeting. Our client requests that the candidate lives around an hours drive away from Peterborough.
Main Duties of the Finance Manager:
- Prepare statutory financial statements for the organisation and its subsidiaries, with associated narrative and notes in accordance with relevant accounting requirements and the Statement of Recommended Practice
- Prepare and submit accurate, timely and relevant financial returns and reports required by regulators, funders, tax authorities, board, directors team and other key stakeholders
- Ensure management and financial accounting records for subsidiary companies are accurately recorded and reported
- Ensure the accounts payable function operates efficiently for the business and suppliers
- Maintain clear and accurate VAT and corporation tax accounting records, work with external and internal partners to maximise VAT recovery on behalf of the business, and liaise with VAT inspectors as required to ensure compliance with legislation
- Actively plan to optimise the organisation's tax position whilst ensuring legal compliance
- Support the Financial Controller in developing and implementing the service plan for the finance team, taking ownership of delivery of one-off special projects and utilising internal and external resources as directed
- Manage services provided to joint ventures under service level agreements
- Take responsibility for reviewing and improving internal controls, minimising control failure and proactively define and implement improvements in the compliance framework
- Take responsibility for reviewing and updating key financial policies and procedures to ensure statutory compliance and maximise efficiency within the organisation.
Our client is looking for a motivated and ambitious finance professional with relevant skills and experience to support the Financial Controller.
Key Skills and Experience of the Finance Manager:
- CCAB qualified accountant or equivalent
- Housing Sector finance experience
- Possess the ability to build relationships easily
- Staff and Team Management
- Experience of Budgeting/Forecasting
- Advanced Skills
- Manage workloads within tight timescales.
If you are interested in hearing more about the role please contact Rebecca on 01332 542580 for a confidential discussion, or apply online and a member of the team will give you a call.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.