£40000 - £45000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to recruit a Finance Manager for a large Public Sector Organisation. We are looking for candidates with previous experience within the Public Sector / Not-for-Profit sphere looking for their next challenge within an ever-changing organisation. Following a period of re-structure and change, our client is now looking to appoint a Finance Manager to oversee a team of Financial Accountants and lead on the delivery of efficient Financial Management.
Duties and responsibilities of the Finance Manager include:
- Leading a team of 4-6 across the Financial Accounts division, ensuring targets are met and processes are adhered to
- Responsibility of Financial Asset Register and Capital Monitoring Programmes including providing detailed financial analyses and advise as and when required to do so
- Lead on the Annual Closure of Capital Accounts, adhering to policy and legislation
- Responsibility for Treasury Management including Cash Flow Monitoring
- Manage and lead the Financial Accounting team, ensuring targets are worked toward and met, and when necessary, provide training and development
- Responsible for the delivery and efficiently of Financial, Capital and Technical Accounting processes
- Lead in the production of Statutory Accounts, ensuring that they comply with legislation and professional guidance
- Maintain up to date knowledge of changes and developments in Financial Accounting and Reporting and ensuring the correct response and action is taken
- Oversee team involvement in the Budget Setting process to ensure accurate completion within deadlines set
The ideal candidate:
- Will be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent)
- Previous experience of working within a Senior Management position
- Experience of Year-end Accounts Closure and preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Previous experience of Treasury Management and Cash Flow Forecasting
- Provision of risk-assessed and strategic advice and support to Senior Stakeholders and the Board
- Delivery and development of process and service improvements
- Experience of working within a large, multi-faceted organisation - preferably within the Public / Not-for-Profit Sector
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable skills and experience within a similar role, and will be a Qualified Accountant with proven leadership skills and ability, and the desire to implement change to add value to a large Public Sector Organisation.
If you believe you hold the relevant skills and experience for this post, please contact Lauren Newell at Sellick, quoting Reference number 912853 for more information and an informal chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.