Finance Manager Financial Services
£250 - £350 per day
0151 224 1480
Our client is a large corporate PLC based in the Liverpool area. Due to an exciting period of change and transformation, they are now looking to recruit a Finance Manager to join their Financial Services division on an interim basis.
The Finance Manager will join the Financial Services team in the midst of Year End, and will typically take responsibility for:
- Management of two direct reports
- Overall responsibility for the Financial Services balance sheet
- Oversight of the balance sheet reconciliation process including reviewing key balance sheet accounts and reconciliations
- Leading the year end process and audit
- Taking full responsibility for the completion of Financial Services group statutory accounts
- Educating the wider business about key risks associated with balance sheets
- Understanding key drivers behind balance sheet values and movements
- Challenging forecast and budget drivers to provide commentary
- Reviewing and presenting the Financial Services balance sheet pack to key Group stakeholders within the business
- Ad hoc project work
As this role involves keeping up to date with new IFRS accounting standards and contributing to their future impact on the FS balance sheet, candidates should have a good working knowledge of IFRS 15 and understand the impact of IFRS 9.
The Finance Manager (Financial Services) should also meet the following skillset:
- Audit background (candidates trained in Accountancy Practice will be preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of Financial Accounting
- Banking background is preferred but not essential
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience of reviewing complex balance sheets
As this role is an urgent requirement, candidates should be immediately available to begin a new assignment.
The role is ideally suited to a career contractor who has extensive experience 'hitting the ground running' in finance and accountancy related assignments.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.