£35000 - £45000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Finance Manager/Controller to join an exciting organisation in the Warrington area. Our client is a market leader in the software development and provider industry and having recently undergone a period of change, have an ambitious 5 year rapid growth plan which will see their turnover multiply.
This is a broad and all-encompassing role which exposes you to a wide variety of stakeholders in the business and will play a major part in the company's senior management team.
Working closely with the Operations Director and CEO you will be accountable to produce all the Financial and Management Accounts and work closely with the business stakeholders in providing commercial insight and analytical support.
You will have great exposure to the business, working closely with the non-finance teams and aiding them in making sound conclusions following your analysis to ensure that they maximise the performance and drive initiatives for profitable growth.
- Ensure all financial controls are robust and adhered to, identify and offer continuous improvement to procedures and systems
- Production of budgeting and forecasting, fixed asset and balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of the management accounts for the board pack
- Assisting the Operations Director and other internal stakeholders with ad-hoc project work such as costing, profitability analysis and project improvement
- Manage the book keeping, including bank reconciliations, and provide financial and administration support to internal and external stakeholders across the business
- Responsible for the credit control process and the maintenance of the sales ledger, liaising with internal Sales team and customers to ensure invoices are raised and received in a timely manner
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with experience in a similar role within an SME business. You will need to provide examples of your experience of being hands on in producing the accounts and commercial analysis. The role literally sits amongst operations so there is a very strong commercial bias to what we need.
Therefore, the ideal candidate should be commercially astute, and able to identify key trends, risks and opportunities within the business. A proven track record of driving improvements and cost savings. Experience of producing management and financial accounts (budgets, forecasts, revenues) and have the ability to work under your own initiative and also operate as part of a wider team.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. You must have strong analytical skills, be organised and able to present conclusions to support decision-making.
IT literate with the emphasis on financial systems (xero) and Excel and be highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
If you consider yourself to be a proactive rather than reactive individual, committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.